Monday, 11 June 2012

Rosie's first blog - 5 days to fly

Hi everyone!

As we are running away (in a very planned kind of way) to Vegas to get married, my Nanny and Grandad suggested that we should put a blog up so we can share photos and keep you all up to date with our travels. We'll do our best to post a little something every day to show you where we are and what we're doing. I've never done this kind of thing before, although George used it for his cycling adventures, so try to keep your judgey faces to yourselves if it's rubbish.

It is currently 5 sleeps until we fly to Vegas. As you all know I'm a totally calm kind of person who deals with events in a rational way, and haven't allowed myself to get over-excited about this wedding business or anything. The fact that I'm already mostly packed is just down to good planning. Honest. George seems to be dealing with the excitement better than me most of the time, but I think he's just pretending to make himself look cool. We both have to work until Wednesday, and I'm sure the next two days will be the longest ever.

For those that don't know the details - we're getting married on Tuesday the 19th at 5pm Vegas time on the balcony of the Bellagio. Not by Elvis. They are however letting us chose the music that they'll play the fountains to, for our first kiss, which is brilliantly fun. Sadly, because it's outside you can't watch it live online, but they've promised a DVD and there'll be photos up on here/facebook as soon as we can manage. We're staying in the Bellagio from our arrival on Saturday until Wednesday 20th, in a suite (yeah that's right a suite - with three bathrooms, naturally) which overlooks both the Eiffel Tower and the fountains.

Yesterday we booked some motels, so although we don't know what we doing, we at least know where we'll be staying for our honeymoon road trip. We have a final night in Vegas on the 21st at the Artisan Hotel, before we drive off in the shiny, new Mustang convertible George has hired for our adventuring.

First stop is Murphey's Motel by Mono Lake in Yosemite. where we'll be spending a couple of days to have a good explore. You can hire bikes, so we'll probably do that one day and go on a bear hunt, because we're not scared. Next we drive to San Bernardino for a couple of nights at the fabulous looking Wigwam Motel where the rooms are individual concrete wigwams, complete (as every good wigwam should be) with wifi, shower and TV.  Then along Route 1 to the Madonna Inn, which is most definitely a classy, non-kitch kind of place.  And finally to San Fransisco for the last 3 nights to the (almost definitely run by hippies)  Red Victorian B&B. Hopefully we'll squeeze in a trip to Alcatraz so I can pretend I'm in The Rock before flying home on the 30th.

I hope you enjoy reading future posts and we'll write more soon.

Lots of love,

Rosie and George xx

3 comments:

  1. Well done Rosie and George - this is a really great idea. I will be an avid follower of your adventures. Good luck and lots and lots of love and kisses from Patty x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good rosie. looking forward to all details as the excitement builds.x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blogging Rosie, I like it :)
    Lovely to stay over last night and see you and George before your humongous adventures!!!!!
    Hope today is whizzing by quickly for you both.
    Masses of love and here's to further bloggy news and pics, hray \o/
    Majo the Outlaw but Not for Much Longer

    ReplyDelete